Brother Cycles - Kepler 2021/22 Frameset
The Kepler has been a stalwart in Brothers lineup for 7 years now and keeps going strong into 2022. They designed the Kepler with versatility in mind, it’s a gravel grinder, super commuter, galactic tourer… ready to tackle whatever you throw at it. So if you need a bike that’s as happy on the daily commute as it is on a weekend bikepacking trip, look no further than the Kepler.
The Kepler can run either 700c or 650b wheels and has clearance for 700c x 45 or 650b x 48 tyres to keep you stable when the going gets tough. The frame is constructed from double butted 4130 chromoly steel, a functional tubing which provides the perfect balance of comfort and durability and we’ve applied an ED coating under the paint to protect against corrosion. It’s fully equipped to fit front and rear racks, mudguards and has three bottle mount positions if you’re loading up for a longer trip. To add to its bikepacking credentials the 2022 Kepler now features triple cage mounts on its unicrown steel fork.
In 2019 a Kepler placed 3rd in the inaugural GBDURO bikepacking endurance race – a 2,000km mixed terrain race from Land’s End to John O’Groats in the UK.
- Model: Kepler 2021/2022
- Colors: metallic green
- Tubing: 4130 Chromoly steel - double-butted main triangle, ED coated
- Brake compatibility: flat mount, 160mm max rotor size
- Rear Dropouts: 12x142mm TA (included)
- Seat post diameter: 27.2mm
- Seat clamp diameter: 30mm (included)
- Headset: 1 1/8˝ threadless steerer/headset (not included)
- Front derailleur clamp diameter: 28.6 mm
- Chainring clearance: up to 52-39-30t triple, 50-34t double, 48t single
- Bottom bracket shell: 68mm bottom bracket - ISO threaded
- Tyre clearance: up to 700x45c or 650x48c
- Fork: 4130 Chromoly unicrown fork - 300mm steerer, 12x100mm TA (included)
- Frame weight: 56cm = 2.25kg
- Fork (with uncut steerer): 1.19kg
- Tested to ISO 4210 standard